#7 Apollo - Deep-dive into Meteor's future stack with GraphQL, Relay and Galaxy
Wow, this show surprised us! We deep-dive into all the current details of Apollo (reactive GraphQL) which spun into an extended conversation about the new Meteor stack, Galaxy, Relay, Redux and what Apollo can be for NodeJS apps. Definitely check out the detailed description for a show index.
TRANSMISSION - EPISODE 7
Wow, this show surprised us! We deep-dive into all the current details of Apollo (reactive GraphQL) which spun into an extended conversation about the new Meteor stack, Galaxy, Relay, Redux and what Apollo can be for NodeJS apps.
In this show we cover a lot! Check it out:
- [ 04:00 ] - Reactive GraphQL new name ... Apollo
- [ 05:25 ] - MDG's new community inclusive MVP approach
- [ 07:18 ] - New Meteor stack after Apollo
- [ 12:30 ] - Redux and Relay
- [ 17:55 ] - GraphQL Query Basics
- [ 19:08 ] - Apollo Architecture Overview
- [ 22:28 ] - Apollo's Invalidation Server Intro
- [ 25:08 ] - Reactivity control & better offline data
- [ 28:20] - Apollo's Invalidation Server In-depth
- [ 32:24] - Invalidation/Reactivity options
- [ 33:58] - Mutations are the new "Meteor Methods"
- [ 36:17] - Mutations and Reactivity
- [ 40:42] - Optimistic UI now powered by Apollo (even non-meteor apps)
- [ 41:32] - Business side of Apollo
- [ 43:26] - Competitors
- [ 46:23] - New Galaxy hosting options
- [ 48:06] - Kadira, Galaxy and Reactive Performance Monitoring
- [ 50:57] - Security with no Pub/Sub
- [ 53:38] - Wrapping up and discussing Apollo GH Organization
- [ 59:30] - END
Please send us your feedback about this episode through this forum thread: TRANSMISSION #7
Forums // Sashko // Ben
Sponsored by Meteor & OK GROW!